Tuesday 28 August 2012

Historical Musings

Well, hello world!

I thought I would create this blog as an output for my foremost passion and interest: History. To me, history is the most important subject you can learn, and can turn you into a knowledgeable, well rounded person who can understand the world through how it came to be. Without knowing how you and the rest of society came to be, I do not believe you can ever understand where the future is taking us.

On this blog, I will not attempt to analyse huge socio-economic changes, controversial ideologies and broad social structures of society; I will see history through the individual and how they changed the world and period in which they lived. I do not claim an in depth understanding of world history, and will mainly focus on Western European, and particularly English, history.

I hope you enjoy my blog; my first series of musings will be on, who I believe, are the Ten Most Important Women in English History. This list is by no means definitive, and I would be glad to hear your thoughts!

Regards,
Historical Musings

No comments:

Post a Comment